Mary Elizabeth Winstead in ASOS Magazine July 2012 by Jason Nocito

Mary Elizabeth Winstead in ASOS Magazine July 2012 by Jason Nocito

The new July 2012 issue of ASOS Magazine featuring cover star, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, the 27-year-old American actress was shot exclusively by photographer Jason Nocito for ASOS in Los Angeles. A working actress since the age of 14, the beautiful and talented Winstead will be starring alongside Dominic Cooper in the upcoming fantasy/action horror movie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. She will also be in two other films later this year paired with Bill Murray, Charlie Sheen, Jason Schwartzman and Jessica Alba, Amy Poehler, Jane Lynch respectively. This year’s Sundance Film Festival named her as one of the stand-out stars. Mary Elizabeth wears an ASOS Petite exclusive gingham crop top on the cover



On Sundance
"I look at Sundance every year. And every year, I’m looking to see who’s the breakout, who’s the new talent that’s going to excite me. The fact that I got to be that this year… Sundance has always been a big goal of mine, so to be there with a film that I really care about… Amazing." 


On her role seeking mentality: 
"At a certain point last year, I said the next film that I do has to be an independent film, and it has to be something that I can really sink my teeth into. I just got lucky that it turned out to be 'Smashed', because I was ready to do two scenes in anything. I just wanted to feel what it was like to do something intimate. I can’t believe they trusted me with it. It’s always hard for people to believe that an actor can do something they haven’t already done before, so I’m very grateful that they gave me the opportunity."

On her current influence when it comes to fashion:
 "I go back and forth between the ’40s, ’50s and early ’60s. I like the idea of vintage, but still being very clean and modern. Bold shapes and colors, but nothing too fussy. I don’t really like the ’50s party dresses as much as I used to. Now I’m looking at a much more streamlined silhouette, I guess a little more adult, a little more grown-up."


On living in Los Angeles
"I do love L.A., it took me a while though. For years and years, I thought that I would just live here part-time, because I didn’t think I was an L.A. person. But since I’ve found the neighborhood I live in now, I love it and I miss it when I’m away. This feels like home. Throughout my teen years, when we’d come to L.A. for work, we stayed in one area, and I never really saw this side of the city. I think my mom thought it was unsafe." 

On shopping
I love online shopping (listing her favorite things on ASOS.com). I’m so obsessed with it. I don’t really like trying things on, I get really exhausted. By the end of a day’s shopping, I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck.”

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites